Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bus Journey Strikes Back

This is another one of my banter about the bad bus journey that I had in the recent past.

After having attended my friend's wedding and then my sister in Cochin, I was all set to return to Bangalore by the 730 bus on Monday. By 430 it had started raining cats and dogs, and I had to make sure that I left home at least by 530 and reached the depot by 715. I settled myself comfortably and was expecting the bus to leave the station by 730, but that did not happen.

Some guy had not reached yet and his friend was pleading to the authority to wait a little longer. And the authority acceded to the pleads and waited for 15 min before starting slowly. Every two minutes the friends had a conversation and it was quite clear that he would not make it to the bus any time soon. Bus finally left little after 745 and was moving a snail pace. I wanted the bus to take off at the earliest as I knew the kind of traffic that we would face later on. Each time the conductor told the guy that we cant wait no more, the friend would tell them that he is almost right behind him and finally at 8 the guy caught up with us in Kaloor.

Kudos to the friend who made it happen, and boohoo to the guy who made us wait all this while. Anyways, do not want to abuse him in this forum.

Next comes my great seat mate. After having left cochin, and then dinner at Karrukutty, time had caught up with us and it read 9 in my watch. Not a bad pace at all if you ask me. But what I did not want to anticipate was the block up ahead. It tool us another hour to manouver through the next 10 kms, can you believe it?? Finally left Chalakkudy by around 10:30, by which time sleep was catching up on me, but I was definitely not in any sort of luck.

My seat mate started snoring, and boy was it loud, weird, funny and irritating. It went on and on for over two hours, disturbing my sleep and my patience and I finally woke him up. Told him that it was too much to take and that he should try and close his mouth to reduce the snoring. He found it funny, chuckled and as luck may have it, this time around he let me sleep in peace.

And so to say, I hated that trip back to Bangalore. I finally reached Bangalore at 8 as against 6, tired, sleepy and with loads of body ache. And I had to go to office that day.

But hey, better luck next time to me.

No comments: