Saturday, June 19, 2010

I am Fake!!!

I have been pondering over this thought for quite some time now. Never had the courage to accept it, so let alone put it on paper/internet. But what finally gave impetus for this idiosyncrasy, you will know why I used this term later on, was my journey to and from Ooty where I had gone to attend my friend's wedding.
We took a cab that day, and the driver we got was quite a chatter box. Two of my friends sitting at the back gave no heed to the driver's banter. On the other hand I listened to him, and more often than not, and when he said something funny, as per him, and I found it to be squib. I simply gave him my fake smile of interest. He did not complain and genuinely thought I was interested in his thoughts.

The truth is that I realized this art of faking myself somewhere during my college life. Most people around us, no matter how experienced they are, cannot stand being countered in anyway. His/her thoughts are always right. And it is true because I believe that each person has got a separate right and wrong, and it becomes immaterial what we think about their thoughts. I also have a policy of not saying things that I do not mean, and hence I have faced lot of dilemma while dealing with such kind of people. It was then that I found a perfectly sane solution to it.

Do not disagree to such thoughts, but do not agree as well. Give that really fake accepting nod, combined with a make belief grin and you score big time. They will assume that you have agreed with them, it is completely psychological so everyone wins. Only I know how useful it has been for me at least.

Disclaimer : Never use it with people for whom you care a lot for. This includes your gf, closest of pals and close family. In my case I would say I have not used it against my gf and about 3-4 close pals.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guess everyone's like that at some point or the other..