Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Humor in Friends

Now this is a true story that happened to a friend of mine. I found it quite interesting and writing it as told by him.

" My friend had called me the other day to tell me that his cousin and friend would be coming to Bangalore for an interview and would appreciate if I could lend them a roof to stay under. This has happened before and on all occasions it used to be a smooth affair, but I did not know the kind of trouble that I was getting into this time around. They had the interview on Wednesday, and were expected to take the evening train from Ernakulam on Monday. Fair enough, being a little cautious before the interview is always a good idea."

I had to accede that it was indeed a wise move on their part. So spoke my mind.

"Wait till you hear the rest. So they were supposed to reach here on Tuesday, but apparently they goofed up at the station and missed their train. There was apparently an hour's delay at Ernakulam, prompting them to ambulate through the road and finally missing the train. The next day they called me at around noon and told me that they had missed the train and would arrive the by nightfall. I had no other option but to accept their decision. Then at around 10 in the night they called me to tell me that they had crossed Mandya, which is around 80km from Bangalore. They further enquired about how to reach my place, to which I asked them to give me a call on reaching Bangalore. And they were on a bike."

At this point the whole equation changed. You do not ride a bike for over 450km to attend an interview. There certainly would be other viable option that is not crazy. Now he had my whole attention as I really wanted to know where it was leading.
"Finally they called me at around 12 to tell me that they had reached Banashankari and asked me for direction. If you know, the place is quite big and I have not been to the area but for once and I did not know how to direct them. So told them to ask someone how to get to BTM/Madiwala. After another 5min another call to tell me that they have found the direction and thus I told them about Silk Board flyover. Told them I would come an collect them from there. Another 10 min later another call to ask me if the flyover they reached was the one. My gut told me that it was Jayadeva Flyover and told them the same. And decided to go there instead. The acrimonious call came again after another 5min to tell me that they have been caught by the cops for not having the license. That made me crazy. I blasted them. How in god's name can one go on a 450km drive without a license. Anyways, I told them to pay the cops, by which time I would reach there."

The guys, no offence, have certainly taken the whole game to a complete new level by this. I was trying not to laugh at my friend's predicament as I wanted to learn more.

"I finally got home at around 1:30 and slept. They had the interview at 11 at ITPL. I told them to push off by 930 for it's quite far. They were home at 10 o clock. Did not budge from home. Anyways, the next day they were going back home, having packed off the bike in the train. I had given them a spare key and in the afternoon before departing, tell me that they cant find the key. I could not let the house open. I was in a fix. 10 min later another call to tell me that they got the key. I was praying to God that they leave by the time I get back home and not to find them procrastinating at my place."

"So did they leave??" I had to ask.

"I really do not care. They were not home when I went back. That's all I know and that's all I care."

Disclaimer : If ya ppl have something interesting like this, pls share it with me.

No comments: