Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tryst with the new Chathur

I should have introduced this character to you all, long time back. But then I never did that, and boy do I regret the same now. Mr Chathur, yeah pardon me for taking that name. He is the owner of the apartment that I stay in, and has got a penthouse in the small apartment which has got seven units in all. He is also the caretaker, maintenance guy, security and everything there is. He stays with his wife, who talks like Basanti, but has the foulest of mouth I have ever heard. A little background about the symbiotic relation that we enjoy with this guy. One roommate of mine has called her a b&%$, another guy has asked him to shove it up his a£$&, and I have asked him to f&%@ off.

We had two bikes initially, and then I brought my car. The bikes where parked in the spot that was designated to us, and when I got my car there were about four spots available for a car to be parked. So the guy comes down and tells us that we cant park the car anywhere but the spot designated for us. We did not heed to him and parked the car for couple of days. On the forth day, when I got my car in, I was in for a surprise. There where about three new cars in the parking lot. There was a car parked behind our spot and before the spot, and then two bikes in between. I wondered if I could fit couple of tyres in my car so that I could drift my car into the spot.

After two days of trying my best to get my car in, I finally decided to go speak to Chathur, hoping to make some arrangements for my car. We started the conversation, and that's when Basanti came in, shouting all obscenities to the best of her capabilities. I walked off, and asked Chathur to come down and discuss the issue. My roommate was also there at that time. So this is how the conversation started and ended,
"I see that there are couple of spots that are empty as of now."
"Those are my spots," he replied promptly.
"What about that spot?," I asked pointing my finger in one direction, then another and after than another, until we exhausted all the spots. All got the same reply, "That is mine." Chathur and his quirky remarks.

Finally, chandy called upon him and pointed his hand towards the road and asked, "So what about the road? Can we park the car there or is it also yours?"

Do not know if he completed his sentence or not, we never waited for that.

No comments: