Friday, April 16, 2010

No re-unions for me.

Been pondering over writing this blog for quite sometime. Finally what prompted me to write it was my senior's school re-union pics on FB. Now you guys may think that I am going on an emotional trip over here and would be writing all mushy stuff. Well, you got me completely wrong. I hardly think about school or college. Maybe cuz I did my schooling in five different schools throughout my life or maybe some unknown factor. What ever it may be, I just do not feel connected to any of my schools. Hell, I do not even remember the name of the school I studied in when in Chennai.

My sincere apologies to all those friends who consider the school days as sacrosanct and want to cherish it for a lifetime. In fact I appreciate and respect your feelings. For me it was just a rat race. I learnt a lot during those days, and I am still friends with few guys. And these guys would remain with me till I hit the grave. That much I assure myself.

Even in college I had a wonderful time. But that was four years ago, and I really cant do anything by sitting and brooding over the good times then viz-a-viz the tough life that I have right now. Here again I have learnt and taken few of my close pals with me. I still talk to them regularly and hang out with them.

I know for a fact that the guys am close to right now will be there for me when I want and they know that I will in turn be there for them. I guess I can live with it and would never volunteer to put a charade in arranging for any sort of re-union, but I may still attend it if invited.

Abuse me, curse me, bitch about me, call me self centred and egoistic and narcissistic. I really really do not care what you think. I have what I want and what I care about. I will live with it.

Have fun..
Enjoy.

4 comments:

Malathy M said...

hmmm typical 'rahul' attitude :P

craving to love life said...

@maals:: yup...cant change me no matr wat :P

Jaideepb said...

hey rahul...gud one and actually typical of your attitude. no pun or malice intended in this. actually wat u say is very right.i am also pretty like you in the sense that i also do not reminisce too much abt my school and college days. they were fun yes but life ahead will be super fun. cheers

craving to love life said...

@joy : good to kno tat there are other creatures like me...i never said in the blog tat i did not enjoy the past...i loved my past...the truth is that my dreams are way bigger than my past :)