Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A cigarette for day, then none

Been thinking abt the above mentioned motto for quite sometime now. Yes, I am an addictive smoker and now it is time I say good by to it. But being melodramatic by nature, I want to add a twist to the same.

Gold Flake Kings has been with me for the past 6 years and i have been faithful to it. But there comes a time in life when you realize that enough is enough, but then it would have been too late by then. Mine began the day I started running again after all those years of abusing my body. For a person who used to run close to 4 km everyday morning without any hassle, i started finding it difficult to touch the 3km mark. That was the first sign.

Each time my friend, foe, family come up with those snide remarks, I act as if i did not hear it. But then, they were true. I was hitting my limits. My number almost always hovered around 10, at times exceeding by one or two. But now, I want to quit. First, I want to witness the day when i would bring it down to one as that is how i started this habit.

I want to quit it that way as well, as the reason with which I started is no longer valid, and is now void :)

No comments: