Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Different Day

I am sitting in Jimmy’s beer cafe, which was once frequented by me every second day . My head now is buzzing with myriads of thoughts and I am still trying to figure out what I should be writing. The beer on my side and the rock music that is blaring is definitely soothing me down and I am taking it as a cue to enjoy the day.
It has been a long time since I wrote anything at all, been shuttling between excel files, power-point presentations, myriad of calls, angry clients, brain storming sessions and of course wedding on every weekend for the past one month.
On a personal front, so happens that I need to reduce good 15 kilos in the next three months if i am to get back to my feet, literally. My injured foot gave me away when I got high and made me dance with two left foot, and then twisted it pretty bad. My dermatologist says that my body is stressed out in the worst way and that is the reason behind the big patch that i have on my head, hair loss. I have not kept correspondence with my friends for a long time, my roommates keep complaining that I have not spent quality time with them in a long time and my girl friend hates my laptop and I am afraid of changing my cell phone to a blackberry as she would throw that away the moment i get it. The only reason that I use my phone these days is to check on my messages from client(which has taken precedence over other correspondence), to check my mail and if the network allows, to see the google analytics of my client.
Today is different. I finally started my gym in the morning. My day began at 530 sharp, with me going to the gym and actually working out. My whole body was rusty; I could literally feel it while doing the treadmill. I did minor weight training and was happy that I still have not lost my strength and tomorrow would again be the same. At least I am doing something right. There is another reason why today is special, I kept thinking of the movie Jerry Mcguire, do not be judgemental for I love that movie. The one lesson that I have taken from the movie is the memo that Tom Cruise wrote, be faithful to the company for which you work and be true to the clients you handle and last but not the least, “have a smaller client base, that will do you good”. Now, the last point is not something that I can afford right now, but it does make sense.
Another thing that I liked about today is that I left office at 6, which means that I that i did not stretch myself to 12 hrs today, even if it was due to the doc’s appointment (which i missed anyways as I was late). I also liked the fact that I was out of office for two hrs at client’s place, did not check my mail, or did not have to sit in front of any report or presentation. I also liked the fact that I am listening to some pink flyod, metallica, eagles, which I have not heard in over a month. For the first time in life I did not take a call and I felt bad. Finally had to send a message, asking what was wrong.
Now I am sitting with my girl friend, who just walked in and was glad when i told her that I was blogging and not working 


PS: To my colleagues – this is just an aberration. Do not take it seriously. Just wanted a release.
PPS : To my friends – I will call you guys more often, I started that last night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible this blog was amazing. Wonderful job and/and also continue the great work. Thank you for the article it works well for me

Anonymous said...

Excellent article with a lot of fantastic content! I guess you're on the proper way. All the best

Anonymous said...

Good one rahul. Some of the things u mentioned may come true or already hv aint it ? cheers to your enthu and to life ..